GDPR for Joomla! is an important tool that helps to have your website in accordance with European Union GDPR law, as a fixed deadline on May 25, 2018
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will be fully applicable in the European Union which involves even countries outside the European Union that handle personal data on EU citizens. After the May 25 2018 deadline, all organizations are expected to comply with EU GDPR.
In addition the GDPR component is suitable even for the Federal Law of the Russian Federation July 27, 2006 No. 152-FZ and Ukraine “On Personal Data”.
This means that there is a new set of rules to consider when dealing with a user’s personal data. The GDPR component aims to extend Joomla! the core with a series of additional features, currently missing, to have Joomla! in accordance with the EU GDPR law.
What about the new Joomla! 3.9 Privacy Tool Suite? The GDPR component is integrated with it and it is very suitable for expanding the core features provided by Joomla! 3.9 and the extensions that are most needed to fully cover all GDPR requirements!
The main features of GDPR are:
- GDPR Cookie Agreement: standard cookie banners are no longer enough for EU GDPR, now you need a more effective solution to actually block local cookies and third party cookies before approval is granted even in favor of canceled agreements and website block capital
- Cookie classification: it is possible to make complete cookie classifications, this component supports up to 4 categories that can be adjusted based on the cookies used on your website
- Different levels of tightness: it is possible to switch between different tightness levels when dealing with cookies, even support geolocation to exclude visitors from countries that do not implement EU GDPR laws
- User change log: every time a change in a user’s profile occurs, for example if a user changes his personal data, all changes must be tracked and recorded. GDPR even supports Joomla! custom fields and core User Profile plugins. Log reports can be exported in CSV and Excel formats
- Approval log and account approval registration: User approval log is a global system that allows to track all approvals given by users, either in or out, to any form where you integrate private policy check boxes …
- Profile deletion: each user must be able to delete his own profile at any time based on the ‘Rights to be forgotten’ rule. In addition, GDPR not only deletes user profiles, but can optionally delete all user-generated content, such as articles, contacts, blogs, etc.
- Export profile: each user must be able to export his own profile in a machine-readable format, GDPR supports CSV and Excel
- Fully automated deletion and export: by default deleting and exporting user profiles is fully managed by the component and is made by the user so you don’t have to worry about manual operation. Optionally, you can choose to manage deletions and export manually and accept requests by users
- Approval registry: You can create and export the registry including details of the agreements given by important users if requested by the Data Protection Commissioner
- Records of processing activities: this component is able to manage records of processing and manufacturing activities in Excel and OpenOffice formats to conform to EU GDPR
- Dynamic check box: this feature functions as a privacy construction kit where you can create several and special privacy policies related to individual check boxes and place them wherever you need.
- And more…